[G4] Re: Moving G4 List to Hard Drive (Al Poulin)

John Sparks jmsparks1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 19:21:24 PDT 2008

Hello Al and others:
I'll reframe my problem,but first about the PB G4 and my X-G4 800.
I ran OS10.4.11 on both of them, using Mac  Mail. I had about 20
Mailboxes, The e-mails I wanted to keep i went to "messages' and
clicked the box where I wanted to save them. One Box was "G4 List".
Every e-mail went where I sent it to.

On my new Mac Pro I set up the same way, I did not move any thing
from the 2 G4's. When I got back on line with the Pro, I down loaded
my mail and started filing the ones I wanted to save. Everything
worked fine until I tried to save the G4 List to the G4 List Mailbox.
It will not permit me to move it.

I will run Tech Tool Pro and Trash the "G4 Mail Box" Create a new one,
and try again.
Thanks for your help.
PS I was very happy with my PB and G4 Dual 800, using Panther. The
Dual could not be repaired by Apple, and they replaced it at no
Charge. I love Apple. John