[G4] I am so embarrassed...

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Tue Apr 29 20:45:23 PDT 2008

At 22:27 -0400 4/29/08, Al Poulin wrote:
>On Apr 29, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Christina Samuels wrote:
>> Please forgive me for all these errant posts. I was trying to figure  out how to properly reply to a message, and I clearly don't have it  down yet. I am sorry for taking up space in this thread.
>
>Christina: #!
>
>Perhaps it could help if you sent a message out with a Subject line  like:  Need Help Reply in GMail Thread. . . .

You are subscribed to this list in digest mode which means that whatever you do, the reference: and in_ reply_to: headers will point to the digest message and not to one of the individual messages in the thread you're interested in.

Pretty much all clients will use the Subject: of the mail that's being replied to. When replying to a part of a digest it's up to you to edit the subject to point to the thread of interest.

GMail is not necessarily your mail client. You can use a gMail address with any client - Apple Mail or Eudora for example. Going directly to gMail requires that you use a browser. Well, maybe there's downloadable gMail software today. They move pretty fast.

And. . .

I forgive you. We all have to learn.

--
--> If  it's not  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem. <--