[G4] Hard Drive

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 7 16:06:27 PDT 2008

You did not say which product you bought.

If it was from Siig

They make two G4 products

  SIIG UltraATA 133/100 Pro

High-speed dual channel Ultra ATA 133/100
controller for the Power Mac G4

Part #: SC-MP4A12
* this one states not compatible with G4 DP i assume you bought this
one.

I would go with SATA drives are cheaper and faster

SIIG Serial ATA PCI-M
High-speed dual-channel PCI-to-Serial ATA host adapter for Power Mac
systems

Part #: SC-SATM12
Model #: CN2523

Is it a Sawtooth or a gigabit ethernet, did they make a DP 500 Sawtooth?

Go here for a list of controllers

https://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Models.cfm?TI=5941

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM