[G4] The definitive answer on hard drive limits?

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 24 09:45:38 PDT 2008

On 24-08-2008 18:05, diane, diane at mathermotorsports.com, wrote:

> I have a G4 FW800 (March 2003)
>
> I want to put a larger hard drive in it but am worried about the
> 127gb limit. A google search brings up a number of differing "facts",
> ranging from the Quicksilver being the last machine affected by this,
> to G5's. Even the Low End Mac profile doesn't mention anything (so I
> am hoping there is no limit on this machine)
>
> Is the real truth out there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane

Hello Diane,

Don't worry! Up from 2002 all (desktop) Macs have LDS (no, not LSD, haha) =
Large Disk Support. So you will have no limit.

Today, on the "g3-5-list at googlegroups.com", one of our Top Geniuses answered
these questions in a more complete and advanced way. FYIO: I'll forward this
posting after this message.

HTH,

Jo Hissel