[G4] Problem with Apple Studio Display

Davis Gaffga dgaffga at optonline.net
Sun Aug 24 11:00:56 PDT 2008

I am on a Quick Silver Mac (733 MHz PowerPC G4) with 1.25 GB SDRAM
running OSX 10.4.11. I  have recently come across a problem, I am the
Administrator for  computer and as photographer I calibrate my Apple
Studio Display using EyeOne. The problem is that I recently added
another User (User 2) and I can not calibrate the screen when signed
in as User 2. the only choices I have are Apple Studio Display or
Generic RGB Profile and if I attempt to calibrate my monitor I get
the message “The factory profile for the display could not be
found.”  when I switch back to my normal user name (the Administrator
user) the only profile available to me as Administrator are Apple
Studio Display or Generic RGB Profile until I re-start my computer
and then I am returned to my calibrated screen. What is happening or
what am I doing wrong???

davis a. gaffga • photographer
p.o. box 750
southampton, ny  11969-0750