[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 48, Issue 7, HD Size Limits

Mike Bechtold wmb1204 at fuse.net
Sun Aug 24 17:05:43 PDT 2008

Diane: I brought this issue up just yesterday on the G3-G5 list,
and this is the result that I got:

http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list/browse_thread/thread/9425258cfb035571?hl=en

The idea that the upper limit may exist only in the "mind" of the
firmware intrigues me. I'm game to try this as soon as I find out how to
back up the original settings. I'm not afraid of the command line
interface, as long as I have some idea of what I'm doing. I've read of
the Intech extension and of PCI driver cards in any number of places.
But this is the only reference I've found to a command-line solution.

Has anyone else tried this hack?
- Michael B. in Cincinnati