[G4] The definitive answer on hard drive limits?

Send2Rich at aol.com Send2Rich at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 07:02:59 PDT 2008

I'd suggest considering adding a SATA PCI card.   I have had the SIIG Serial
ATA 4-Channel PCI-M card with two 1TB Seagate ST31000340AS hard drives running
on my G4 MDD with no problems (and MUCH better disk performance) for about
three months now (OS X 10.4.11).   They, and Sonnet, also make 2-channel cards.

Rich

In a message dated 8/24/08 4:29:50 PM,
g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com writes:

> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:05:58 -0400
> From: diane <diane at mathermotorsports.com>
> Subject: [G4] The definitive answer on hard drive limits?
> To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>
> I have a G4 FW800 (March 2003)
>
> I want to put a larger hard drive in it but am worried about the
> 127gb limit. A google search brings up a number of differing "facts",
> ranging from the Quicksilver being the last machine affected by this,
> to G5's. Even the Low End Mac profile doesn't mention anything (so I
> am hoping there is no limit on this machine)
>
> Is the real truth out there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.