[G4] G4 gone loco

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 08:22:27 PST 2008

Sounds like you're running the G4 headless?  Have you plugged a
monitor into it directly?

Have you run Disk Utility on the G4 disk while in target disk mode?
Even if the disk won't mount, you may be able to see/verify/repair or
just erase it in Disk Utility.

With the SpeedTools driver, did you partition the drive into 128 GB
chunks?  If you've lost the driver for whatever reason and you have it
in partitions larger than 128, this behavior *could* result, I
suppose.  I'm also not sure what the behavior would be in target disk
mode if the driver is no longer active on the upgraded disk, i.e.
whether the various machines you're connecting to would see it as
actual size or just 128 GB....