[G4] Graphics cards for Leopard

Brian Deuel fusekigames at briandeuel.com
Fri Feb 22 13:34:04 PST 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:22:12 -0800 (PST), "Brad Russell"
<braddrussell at yahoo.com> said:
> I have a DP 500 with a ATI 9200 card running Tiger.  I also have a DP 1.8
> G5 on the way with the FX5200 card in it.  When the new computer arrives
> I'd like to move the G4 to Leopard.  I don't think the 9200 will work
> though.  Does anyone know if I can use the 5200 in the DP500 and get a
> new card for the G5?

The 9200 will work fine with Leopard, but you won't have core image or
core video support. I ran my DP500 with Leopard and a Geforce2mx/32megs
for a while and it was fine, although it stuttered a bit with the dock
and QE. DVD Player, Front Row, and Quicktime all worked fine.

The 5200 will probably work, but you'll need to disable pins 3 and 11 on
the card. Details on how to do this are at
http://themacelite.wikidot.com/

Brian

----
Brian Deuel