[G4] Graphics Card for Leopard

Brad Russell braddrussell at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 12:51:49 PST 2008

Thanks for the replies!  I thought you needed Core animation for Leopard to work.
Along with the G5 I have a Macbook so the DP500 will be an itunes server and a machine
for the kids.  If all I'll be missing is some animation stuff I think
I'll stick with the 9200 in the G4.

Now I'm guessing an upgrade for the G5 might be in order.  Anyone have
any recommendations. It is a DP 1.8 and currently has the FX500.

Thanks!

Brad

There are a lot of ins and outs and I'm not sure.

  IF the 5200 is AGP and your G4 is AGP you can cheat it in. There are
instructions on the web.
  But for reference, I am running Leopard on a G4 Quicksilver 2001 and
using an ATI 9000.
  It works very well minus transparent menus.
  All the quicklook and coverflow stuff works well. So I'd just use
them as they are.
Jim