[G4] Replacement for Claris Works

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 07:11:53 PST 2008

My distinctly non-geeky computer dysfunctional sister-in-law has hated
her Mac ever since she upgraded to OSX. This because she no longer can
use Claris Works. She doesn't/can't understand that it will run fine
in Classic mode... at least she won't make the time to learn how to do
it.... and besides it's an extra step which is a big inconvenience to
her.   Now, no comments on the bizarre psychology, I can't understand
it myself.  And no.... the possibility of a retrograde move back to OS
9 is not an option.

I never used Claris Works myself, but it seems there are people out
there who really miss it's simplicity.

My question is this:  Are there any OSX word processing apps available
that might appeal to a sad ex-Claris worker?

Thanks,
John