[G4] Replacement for Claris Works

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 10:09:59 PST 2008

Hi Bill,

That's absolutely true.

I worked in the SCM group at FileMaker when the transition happened...
essentially, we took ClarisWorks 5.0v3 and sent the source to Apple.
They stripped out all of the Claris icons and naming, put in Apple
icons and released ClarisWorks 5.0v4.

AppleWorks 6 was developed at Apple and still works... even in
Leopard. I'd highly recommend iWork, however. It will open AppleWorks
documents with ease and does a MUCH better job of handling graphics.

smiles,
Jamie