[G4] Memory specifications for Pmac G4 Gigabit Ethernet

Brian Deuel fusekigames at briandeuel.com
Sat Jan 5 19:37:22 PST 2008

When I picked up both of my DP500 G4 Gigabit Ethernet machines, both
each had 1gb of PC100 memory, in four 256meg sticks. I'm looking to pick
up a couple of 512meg sticks to bring my Sonnet upgraded 1.8ghz machine
up to 1.5 gigs, but I'm not sure what to look for, specs-wise. I checked
out Otherworld Computing's prices, and $50 per stick seems a little high
for me.

So my question is, has anyone brought any memory at a decent price that
matches the specs that Otherworld sells, but at a more reasonable price?
And if so, what exactly did you buy? Also, what kind of specs should I
look for (cl2, how many chips, registered/unregistered, ECC/non-ECC,
etc)?

I know this seems cheap of me, but with other memory going for extremely
cheap prices, why would these sticks go for $50 and up? Scarcity and
demand? It just seems ridiculous to me when the same memory sold for
less just a couple of years ago.

----
Brian Deuel
BrianDeuelDotCom