[G4] Re: Re: Need advice for a fixer-upper

Kevin Walsh walsh_kevin_t at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 15:40:13 PST 2008

Addressing all replies,

Damn, you guys are awesome - I'm going to enjoy
hangin' around.  Thanks for all the insight.  Allow me
to give some history of use of this beast I'm
rebuilding.  It works great as is - for mundane
computing -  but lags in the few exotic fulfillments I
require (i.e. SimCity 4 and Adobe's Creative Suite)...
but those programs still
work...s...l...o...w...l...y....  I was raised with
Apple and will never turn my back on these machines.
I also spent 5 years or so using OS 9 after OS X 10.0
was released because I didn't need the upgrade - and
as many of us recall, the original OS X was awful.  So
My skepticism took over. I appreciate the advice to
buy a newer Mac - but I will hang tight with my
freebie, at least until the last of my student loans
clear.  I expect to use 10.4 in the next year and love
it to death by the time the Aztecs predicted the end,
or maybe even until Obama is voted in for a second
term.

Honestly, I've joined several Mac groups over the
years, and none have been so helpful as this one.
Look forward to contributing to the insanity.

Cheers, Kevin