[G4] OS X memory test utility?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 12 17:07:18 PST 2008

On 01/11/08, Fast Primes <fast_primes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does OS X (10.2 to 10.4) come with one or more memory test utilities? I've
>installed new RAM and want to check it out fully! If it's a unix
>utility--please explain fully how to use it.

The basic one is included in the Apple Hardware Test program that shipped with
your machine. Use it first to diagnose most hardware installed. There's nothing
built into the OS for that job. As others have noted, I use Rember if the
machine passes the AHT extended tests and I really want to wring out the RAM.