[G4] cant find harddrive

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 15 04:09:55 PST 2008

If you deliberately overwrote the drive with zeroes, it might be hosed and
unrecoverable.  The hardware should be
recognizable by clicking on the Apple icon in the upper left screen, then
clicking the 'More Information' button, and
the looking at your hardware configuration.  If the drive is physically
connected and spinning, it should be
recognized as the specific manufactured object, and display how many free
bytes are on the disk.

Disk Warrior is good.  So is Tech Tool.  None of them may be able to bring
back data that was over written multiple
times.  Perhaps a professional data recovery service could do this.  I
believe they charge several/many hundreds of
dollars to do this and there is no guarantee they can resurrect the data.

Good luck