[G4] Much Ado About Harddrives

Kevin Walsh walsh_kevin_t at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 15:02:48 PST 2008

Howdy do fine people -
the recent thread on diskspace/harddrives has been
very stimulating as I myself am currently undertaking
such an overhaul on 2 different Macs.  I appreciate
all the information I have gained from you brainiacs.
I have an issue to add to the harddrive craze.  I
visited a local computer store in my ultra-hip
central-Texas town and asked for any mac hardware.
The propeiter, a decent fellow, offered to sell an
Indigo iMac for 30 bucks.  I refused because 2 are
enough for me but that's besides the point.  Other
than that he didn't have anything specifically for
Macs.  I didn't take no for an answer and decided to
pry into his stock of SD RAM and ATA harddrives.  He
had several new Western Digital SATA 250 GB HD's for
75 bucks a pop.  What a steal.  I thought I'd do some
research to see if the model is compatible for my
Sawtooth.  BTW, here's the model #: WD2500JS.
I found some useful info at the following URL:
http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1343&p_created=1112716146

The info there might aswell be in Russian for me.  Any
of you wise-guys mind taking a gander at it - see why
wouldn't it be Mac compatible.
Thanks - Kevin