[G4] Much Ado About Harddrives

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 18:16:59 PST 2008

Just wondering...

How do you get 4 drives in a DA? Do you use the dual
disk carrier, plus the other two single positions?

I tried that once with 4 SCSI drives (small but
available :-). Maybe a coincidence, but the bottom one
on the dual carrier failed not long after. I think it
got too hot. Maybe modern SATA drives will be cooler,
but I thought you should watch out for that.

John