[G4] Much Ado About Harddrives

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 20:25:28 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 9:41 PM, Eric Wood wrote:

> That system probably has room for 3 or 4 hard drives internally,

The case may have the room for three or four drives, but will the
power supply be able to handle that load? I once tried to install four
drives in a Gbit Ethernet G4 and found that the original power supply
was just a little short on the wattage side. It could spin up three of
the drives at boot, but not the fourth. I had to use Disk Utility to
mount the last drive after the OS was finished starting up.