[G4] fragmentation

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:42:17 PST 2008

*If* the drive cloning works the way I think it does, and copies files
instead of individual bits, then it won't clone the fragmentation, but if it
clones bit-by-bit, putting each bit in exactly the same
track/sector/whatever it was in before, then it will clone the
fragmentation.  I'd be surprised if any program you'd use would work that
way, though.  A hardware drive cloner that you might use if you wanted to
make hundreds or thousands of cloned drives, would probably do a bit-by-bit
clone.

I'm just guessing on all that, but it sounds good, doesn't it?  :-)

--
Rich