[G4] Drives?

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 12:43:19 PST 2008

Richard Klein wrote:
> [...]

SATA uses 8b10b encoding on the wire, a standard 8 bit -> 10 bit
encoding that reduces the number of 1's or 0's transmitted
consecutively (and allows for the insertion of certain control
characters). This is done mainly for the purpose of reducing EMI
levels. So it's probably reasonable to assume 10 bits/byte.

Eric