[G4] G4 RAM Eccentricities

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 1 03:13:26 PDT 2008

Mike,

Later versions of OSX and the G4 line seem to be far pickier about RAM than
other machines.  The RAM sticks specs
need to be fully conforming in all respects to Apple's requirements.  IIRC
this has mainly to do with the internal
speed of the chip and its having minimal variability in processing speed.
Most quality sellers will refund or replace
RAM that doesn't perform in your machine.

The easier solution would be that the RAM stick is not fully seated.  But
that sounds unlikely in your case.

Best of luck,

jon