[G4] G4 RAM Eccentricities & Memtestosx

Mike Bechtold wmb1204 at fuse.net
Sun Jul 13 10:32:28 PDT 2008

An update on my RAM issues (or lack thereof) on my G4 DA:

I also just received a copy of Tech Tool Deluxe, and tested the entire
system.
It indicated an impending problem with my second HD, but passed the RAM
with no issues.

I downloaded and ran memtestosx, but immediately found two issues:

1.) I seems to be testing my Firewire ports foreeevvvvveeer; the
software
runs most of the night for 1.5 GB of RAM and whatever else it tests. It
looks
as though it's waiting for a response from whatever's connected to each
Firewire port, and waits for two minutes to time out each time. Does
anyone
know of a switch on memtestosx that I can turn off to restrict the
testing to
RAM only?

2.) Where does it put the test data log? I searched and searched, but
couldn't
find it once the test was done. Running an "ls" command on the root and
several other folders showed nothing of interest.

Thanks again!
- Michael B. in Cincinnati