[G4] SCSI card for G4

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Mon Jul 21 09:34:16 PDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 9:31 AM, John Niven wrote:

> Sigh!
>
> I think I'm going to skip the G5 generation :-)
>
> Next will be a Mac Pro. When do you think they will be at LEM prices?
>
> Maybe 2015? I hope my G4's last till then :-)
>
> John

Understand that Intel-based Macs have been out for two and a half
years now. The G5 had limited sales, relatively speaking, and never
realized its full potential. Very soon, there will be more Intel-based
Macs than PowerPC models, on the basis of the fact that Apple is
selling more than three times as many computers as they used to.

More to the point, you can get a basic Mac mini for $599 that is way,
way faster than any G4 you might have around. :)

_ _ _ _
Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Publisher/Editor, The Mac Night Owl