[G4] SCSI card for G4

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 21 15:34:11 PDT 2008

On 21-07-2008 19:45, Eric Smith, eric-s-smith at comcast.net, wrote:

> Yes, you can get a cheap Intel mini that's faster than a G4,
> but it's made from laptop parts, it's not expandable, and
> it won't run Classic mode.  And just try running your SCSI
> devices off it! :)
>
> Eric S.

Agree! Just bought a MDD G4 DP 1.42 GHZ (FW800) SD for € 200 = US$ 320.
Came with 1GB RAM, a 160 GB HD and all the orig. SW. Works flawlessly!!
My neighbour just bought the latest Mac mini 2 GHz SD for € 699 = US$ 1120.
(Remember, we are in The Netherlands, EU). Guess what I can do with the
price difference of € 500 = US$ 800 to expand/optimize the MDD!!!
Planning to put in 1 GB RAM extra, a PCI USB 2 -, a SATA -, Video/TV - and
SCSI - card. Some parts I already have but I'll let you know what I paid for
the rest.
But for me it's sure, I'll never swop this MDD with my neighbour's latest
Mac mini.
But (again) that's my way of Mac using. I have alot of clients being very
happy with their Mac mini. So it's all up to your spec. wishes.

Jo Hissel