[G4] Wanted: parts for G4 DP500

BSugarberg bsugarberg at core.com
Sun Jul 27 17:18:29 PDT 2008

Hello Amir,

If by DP500 you mean a dual 500 mhz CPU, then you have probably have a
Gigabit Ethernet.  All G4 models up to and including the GE, use PC100
168 pin memory.  The Digital Audio and Quicksilver use PC133 168 pin memory.

The MDD uses PC2100 or PC2700 184 pin DDR memory.  This memory will only
work in a MDD.

The 168 pin ram is 5 1/4" long, and has 2 notches between the pins:
1 notch is in the center, 1 notch is about 1" from one end.

The 184 pin ram is longer (5 7/8" ?), and has only 1 notch between
the pins, about 1/2" from the center.

One World Computing has good prices on memory.  (You can buy their
new memory for less than many sellers want for used memory).

Regards,

Bruce Sugarberg