[G4] Installing a MDD motherboard in a Sawtooth Case

therage at charter.net therage at charter.net
Mon Jul 28 10:40:34 PDT 2008

Bought an MDD mo'bd last night before I realized I may have some major hurdles with power supply connections. I have both a Digital Audio 466 and an original 450 AGP Sawtooth. Was thinking on moving the DA mobd to the Sawtooth Case and using the DA case for the MDD. Wanted to get a Quicksilver 2002, but the price shot up expoentially.PLUS, I've got DDR 2100 and faster laying around already.

Newbie here so I apologize if this has all been answered before. I intended on putting the 1ghz DP on the board. atleast a gig, and running a 250 ide on it. Don't need the ADC connector so what other than trying to locate an MDD powersupply (unless there are changeover extension cables) and a MUCH bigger fan do I need to make this work?.
Going to put a mild 64 meg AGP card in it too. (Just want faster screen writes, NOT  gaming)

Will the stock power supply hang (with changeove cables) with the dualie processors and bigger fan OR will I need to pair down to a single?

Appreciate the opportunity t ask.

Bryan, 29351