[G4] Wanted: parts for G4 DP500

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 28 15:56:23 PDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Brian Deuel wrote:

> That's what I did. I found an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro on Craigslist for $25
> and just flashed it myself. Saved myself $125 by not buying it on eBay

Hmm, wow.  OK, I'll take a look and see if I can find something around
here then. =)  Brian, if you have any special resources like web pages
with firmware, please let me know - I'm sure I can find it myself but if
you already have that info handy, it would save me time. =)

> Works great in a DP500 running Leopard, though.

I thought Leopard couldn't be installed without a minimum 867MHz
processor... or did it work because of the Sonnet upgrade?

						--- Amir