[G4] newbie with a g4

Rob beattyr2003 at cox.net
Sat Mar 1 09:36:14 PST 2008

Hello all,

I am a newbie to Mac and to the G4, but I am very experienced with PCs.  I
picked up a G4 MDD 1Ghz system from work that was being dumped.  Apparently
it has a bad power supply and had the hdd, video board, and memory stripped.
I took it home and confirmed it was the PS that’s bad.  Looking around for a
replacement, I am seeing around 150$ on costs for replacement, but I have
also learned that they are extremely noisy.

So all that being said, is there a viable power supply conversion out there?
Such as taking a standard ATX PC powersupply and fitting it to the G4?  Also
what is a suitable replacement to the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB video card?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Rob

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:32 PM