[G4] Happy chance buy of 1 ghz dual G4!!

Brian Deuel fusekigames at briandeuel.com
Sun Mar 2 18:58:06 PST 2008

This is exactly what happened to my dual 1.25ghz MDD when the processor
card fried. Your motherboard is probably still good, but I'd be willing
to bet that if you remove the heat sink and processor card, either one
or both of your processors will be a little charred.

(Or not. Processor failures don't necessarily have to be that
catastrophic).

Brian

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:42:59 -0800, "lunatikdesigns"
<lunatikdesigns at gmail.com> said:
> Okay ­ here I was talking about upgrading and I ran across a
> non-funtioning
> G4 quick silver that says it has a 1 ghz dual processor ­ BUT!!  It
> doesn¹t
> work!  Okay ­ what I can see when I power it up is that the fan works ­
> power source is probably okay then, right?  And the motherboard does
> light
> up  ..... But it doesn¹t work ­ it came with no memory or hard drive or
> OS,
> so I swapped out my HD and memory and tried to get it to start up with no
> luck ­ oh, changed the pram  - new battery ­ what else can I check?
> Suggestions? Is it probably the processor that is dead then if the light
> on
> the motherboard lights up or does that mean anything?  Help help help <g>
>
> Cyndi

----
Brian Deuel
BrianDeuelDotCom