[G4] Leopard troubleshooting

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Mar 7 18:13:37 PST 2008

Rob:  See a few comments below.

On Mar 7, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Robert C. Buitron wrote:

> I recently upgraded to 10.5.2 from 10.4.11 without a hitch. Everything
> seemed to be working fine until my computer went into sleep mode.
> After pressing the spacebar key it did not wake up. I continued to
> have a blank screen (I also put my monitor to sleep). So I powered
> down and then powered it up after 10 seconds.

This has happened only once?  Can you make it happen consistently?

> I did a search in Apple's Support site but could not find anything on
> the topic. And I got frustrated with the Leopard support site, as I
> couldn't get to where I think I could have found information.
>
> Has anyone else had a similar experience and what fixes this problem?
> Could someone please give me a link to Leopard troubleshooting just in
> case I encounter other problems.

I have not seen this problem, but in previous versions of OS X, this
can happen when certain peripheral devices are plugged in.  Try
unplugging all devices, especially USB items, except keyboard and
mouse.  If you isolate a specific device, then look for an updated
driver at the vendor's web site.

> On another note, does anyone know if Applejack has been updated to
> "clean up" Leopard? It's such a fantastic utility.

I suggest a google search.

Al Poulin