[G4] MDD - Disc space issues

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 14:08:23 PDT 2008

Hi Kurt,

The disk size limitation was 128GB but I don't think your G4 model
is restricted to that. This page has more information:

http://lowendmac.com/macdan/05/1024.html

Your drive is probably on the ATA bus and you can only have two
drives total on that bus. It sounds like the easiest course for
you would be just to get one additional drive. Assuming you are
not subject to the size limtation, you can get a 400 or 500GB
drive for around $100.

I have a G4 Sawtooth and I do have the ATA drive size limitation.
I originally had two ATA drives, of 20GB and 57GB. I was running
out of space so I replaced the smaller drive with a 300GB SATA
drive, which required adding a PCI card SATA controller. I got
the drive and controller for a total of a little more than $100.

Eric