[G4] Gifted with a G4/500

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu May 1 16:57:29 PDT 2008

OBrien wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:15:26 -0700, keith_w wrote:
>> Silly question, I suppose, but...how would you give the computer
>> the command to "boot up" if the keyboard wasn't connected?
>
> Just press the power button. To shutdown, press the power button longer.

Right. Christina has said: "I can turn it on, the power light
comes on, I hear the hard drive spinning, and the fan is going.
But, there's no startup chime. Because I don't have a keyboard
or a monitor or it, I can't tell if it's really doing anything
or not."

It has been my experience that some computers (not necessarily
Macs) will not boot up without a keyboard being physically
connected.

Eric