[G4] Gifted with a G4/500

Mike Bechtold wmb1204 at fuse.net
Thu May 1 17:04:23 PDT 2008

Do you have any resale shops near? (Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul,
etc.). I got a working CRT at one for $10. The one I use with my
G4 tower is an old 19" (!!) that I got for that same price from
craigslist, and although about ten years old, works fine. That
might be a cheap way to check out the machine.

I also got a Macally USB aftermarket keyboard and mouse for about
$25, as I recall. Again, you might find one in a resale shop for
a great deal less, if all you wanted to do was test the beast.
- Michael B. in Cincinnati