[G4] Re: Gifted with a G4/500

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri May 2 15:00:53 PDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 12:54 PM, Christina Samuels wrote:

> I do hope it's alive! I've stopped fooling around with it, though,
> for the moment. It definitely was working when we got my mother a
> new Mac; it just wasn't working very well. But it's not like she's
> done anything to it besides having it sitting in a corner of the
> basement for a few (ahem) years.

Christina:
You already said you replaced the battery.  Did you reset the PRAM?
No, because you need a keyboard for that, one of the elementary fixes
for sometimes flakey behavior.  Also, you may need to press a little
CUDA buttton next to the battery.

You've already received a lot of good advice here.  The next time
around, you might try another list.  You can subscribe to the imaclist
at lowendmac.com:
http://lowendmac.com/lists/index.shtml

but it operates in Google Groups.  And you might poke around the rest
of the lowendmac web site, very interesting.

Al Poulin