[G4] backup questions

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue May 6 06:59:48 PDT 2008

Aggie:

Well it has been a couple days.  I am no expert here, but I'll make
some comments  hoping that other folks will check in with you.

On May 4, 2008, at 8:24 PM, aperry at eznet.net wrote:
> I have a few questions regarding backup procedures.
> 1. If I, in the past, backed up to an external drive using Carbon
> Copy Cloner, can I now do an incremental backup to the same drive
> using Superduper!, or must I start all over again?

Not likely.  I would just start all over  again.

> 2. If I backup one external drive to another external drive, and I
> want them both bootable or "blessed," is it all right to connect one
> of the drives via firewire and the other via USB during the backup?

You cannot boot from a USB drive.   Also, you want to backup to both
drives simultaneously?  No way.

> 3. If I backup via USB, can I still make the backup bootable, but
> switch to a firewire cable when booting from that drive?

See above.

Al Poulin