[G4] two 500 gb drives

thekirkline1941 at verizon.net thekirkline1941 at verizon.net
Tue May 6 07:13:11 PDT 2008

A while ago, I purchased two Seagate 500gb Barracuda internal hard drives for my G4 Quicksilver (800 mhz). I had hoped to install both and use them as automatic backups to the original 40 gb drive. I also purchased the required PCI card in order that they would be recognized to their full capacity. The problem I have run into is that there is only one extra power supply cord P5 available. Question: how do I connect both drives in order to use them as backups. What I have done so far is install them one at a time and, using Carbon Copy Cloner, copied the data from the original drive to one and then the contents of my La Cie external 80 gb drive to the other. Both Seagates are bootable, but, under current circumstances I can only have one installed at a time. My guess is I need to purchase an extra power cord but am not sure how to install such a thing. Also, is it possible with these SATA drives to have them automatically back up my data from the original? Thanks.

Jim Scarborough Kirk