[G4] Disks not mounting ????

Dan A. Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Thu May 8 20:29:10 PDT 2008

Hello ALL,

I was using TechTool Pro to do some serious cleaning on my MDD DUAL 1.25
MHz / 2 GB RAM / 120  & 200 GB HD / OS X.4.11 and when I restarted two
partitions from one of my hard drives were no longer on my desktop. I
tried TTP again and they did not show up there, I checked my About This
Mac and they are listed but not mounted. I then used Mac Disk Utility to
Verify Disk it said they had to be repaired but when I clicked Repair
Disk it said they could not be repaired. One stores all my music and the
other all my document.

I went to System profiler and somehow the Mount Point for the two
partitions have been lost.

I know the names are /Volumes/DOCUMENTS and the other is /Volumes/MUSIC.

Now where and how do I tell my computer to mount them.

Thanks,

Dan

WDC WD2000BB-00FTA0:

  Capacity:    186.31 GB
  Model:    WDC WD2000BB-00FTA0
  Revision:    15.05R15
  Serial Number:    WD-WMAEP1246266
  Removable Media:    No
  Detachable Drive:    No
  BSD Name:    disk1
  Protocol:    ATA
  Unit Number:    1
  Socket Type:    Internal
  OS9 Drivers:    Yes
  S.M.A.R.T. status:    Verified
  Volumes:
DOCUMENTS:
  Capacity:    20.2 GB
  Writable:    Yes
  File System:    Journaled HFS+
  BSD Name:    disk1s10
  Mount Point:
UTILITIES:
  Capacity:    24.52 GB
  Available:    6.1 GB
  Writable:    Yes
  File System:    Journaled HFS+
  BSD Name:    disk1s12
  Mount Point:    /Volumes/UTILITIES
MUSIC:
  Capacity:    46.27 GB
  Writable:    Yes
  File System:    Journaled HFS+
  BSD Name:    disk1s14
  Mount Point:
Pictures & Movies:
  Capacity:    46.42 GB
  Available:    1.97 GB
  Writable:    Yes
  File System:    Journaled HFS+
  BSD Name:    disk1s16
  Mount Point:    /Volumes/Pictures & Movies
Junk:
  Capacity:    48.27 GB
  Available:    5.84 GB
  Writable:    Yes