[G4] PC133 RAM in PC100 slots?

Steve Adams adamss99 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 14 18:58:28 PDT 2008

You are right. In fact, a 100 MHz bus should work at speeds upwards of
250-300 MHz or you're going to have problems at 100 MHz. The speed is
a hardware issue dealing with handshaking between processor, memory
chips, and peripheral chips on the same bus. The bus will work no
faster than the slowest device on the bus. The speed is generally
limited by the processor or the memory chips. A PC133 RAM on a 100 MHz
is a good thing because the data will be ready on the bus faster, with
less chances of an error by the time the processor is ready to read
the data.

Steve Adams