[G4] Mounting problems????

Dan A. Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Fri May 16 16:14:45 PDT 2008

Hello ALL,

I was using TechToolPro to do Performance MAINTENANCE / OPTIMIZATION on
my MDD DUAL 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / 120 & 200 GB HD / OS X.4.11. There was
a power outage, a blink that caused my computer to restart in mid
program and two of the partitions on one of my hard drives were no
longer on my desktop. I tried TTP again and they did not show up there,
I checked my SYSTEM PROFILER and they are listed but not mounted.

WDC WD2000BB-00FTA0:

Capacity: 186.31 GB
Model: WDC WD2000BB-00FTA0
Revision: 15.05R15
Serial Number: WD-WMAEP1246266
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk2
Protocol: ATA
Unit Number: 1
Socket Type: Internal
OS9 Drivers: Yes
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
Volumes:
DOCUMENTS:
Capacity: 20.2 GB
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk2s10
Mount Point:
HD 1:
Capacity: 24.52 GB
Available: 24.49 GB
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk2s12
Mount Point: /Volumes/HD 1
MUSIC:
Capacity: 46.27 GB
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk2s14
Mount Point:

I then used Mac Disk Utility to Verify Disk, it said they had to be
repaired but when I clicked Repair Disk it said they could not be
repaired. One stores all my music and the other all my document.

Verifying volume “DOCUMENTS”
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Invalid B-tree node size
The volume DOCUMENTS needs to be repaired.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
Volume needs repair

Verify and Repair disk “DOCUMENTS”
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Invalid B-tree node size
Volume check failed.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
1 volume could not be repaired because of an error

The Mount Points for the two missing partitions are:

/Volumes/DOCUMENTS

/Volumes/MUSIC

The data is on the disk partitions and as far as I know undamaged but
they will not mount on the Desktop. In OS9 there was a program called Mt
Everything that worked in this situation but I have not found anything
similar for OSX.

Suggestions???

Dan A. Currie, Jr.