[G4] 'doze computers???

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:25:48 PDT 2008

Hi Dan,

Fancy that you brought this topic up. I know a poor sap that recently bought
a PC laptop after owning Macs for a number of years. He doesn't know what he
has done to screw himself. He justified it by saying that with a Sony Viao
you got more bang for the buck. This is the kind of guy that knows the price
of everything but the value of nothing.

However Sony, Dell and Lenovo all make excellent machines. The hardware is
first rate. What you can suggest to your friend is to install a version of
the Linux operating system called, "Ubuntu" on any of these machine. I
believe Dell already offer the option of an Ubuntu laptop.

If someone gave me a PC laptop, this is what I would do.

Bill
Montreal