[G4] OS install question

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Mon Nov 3 16:51:41 PST 2008

Hi Margaret-

I would probably download the Tiger combo update

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html

update the DP450 to that, then use CCC to move the system over using
Firewire Target Mode.

If there's anything twitchy about the system on the DP450 that you'd
rather not bring with you, then I'd:

Clean install 9.2.1 from the retail disk
Upgrade to 9.2.2
Install Tiger using the Retail disk as an upgrade to 9.2.2
Then download and install the 10.4.11 combo update
Use Migration Assistant to move the stuff you want from the DP450 over
to the Quicksilver.
You can also do that last one manually but it takes a while.

Reason I would go with the combo update as a separate download rather
than just running Software Update is I've seen that do some odd things
back when I was running Tiger on a regular basis.

-John