[G4] Eudora Email for 10.4 or 10.5 ??

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 9 14:40:06 PST 2008

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008, jonny wrote:

> Is anyone using OSX 10.4 or 10.5 with Eudora?

I am.  Eudora has no problem with 10.4 - you can use it without worry.  I
also have no problem with Eudora on 10.5, although if you use Spaces, be
aware that Eudora doesn't play too well with Spaces - if you use the
"drawer," it may show up on the wrong Space sometimes, and if you have
Eudora set to "automatically open mailbox with new messages," it may drag
you to its Space every time you get new mail.
	However, if you don't use Spaces or if you disable that option,
Eudora will play just fine with 10.5 - I've had no problems (and I've
gotten used to its issues with Spaces).

The only thing I would be careful of, however, is to make sure that you
keep your inboxes compacted.  Eudora has been known to crash on occasion,
and if the Table of Contents of your inbox gets corrupted, it's a major
pain in the butt to rebuild.

But, I think you can use Eudora without worry - I do.

If you want to switch away, Apple Mail is a good alternative.  Although
attachments aren't stored separately from the mailboxes, it's still a
robust and intuitive program.  It should be able to import directly from
Eudora.

Good luck!

						--- Amir