[G4] Replacement Fans for G4 MDD?

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 12:27:39 PST 2008

When last I checked, a couple months ago, Verax was still around, but
they no longer sold that kit.  I haven't tried myself, but you should
be able to change the fans individually.  Http://newegg.com/ has a
nice selection of fans.  There are just a couple standard fan sizes
used in computers, usually measured in millimeters.  So, you'll need
to measure your fans, and check how many wires they use (usually 2 or
3, but sometimes 4).  Newegg lists db specs for a lot of the fans, but
I'm not sure how much I'd trust those numbers.  Low speeds generally
equal low noise, and read the reviews of the fans.  I'll probably do
this myself eventually, and I'll write about it when I do, but don't
hold your breath.

--
Rich

Rich