[G4] G4 QS 733

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Wed Nov 12 22:10:33 PST 2008

The 128 GB limitation is for the controller on the motherboard, not the
computer itself.

Installing a PCI host adapter card will not only get around this limitation,
but give you substantially faster hard disk access. Since OSX is constantly
accessing the hard disk, your computer will run noticeably faster overall.

SATA controllers and drives are faster than the older ATA versions, and the
drives cost the same. The SATA controller cards are slightly more expensive,
but a good investment that will pay off in better performance.