[G4] G4 Cube doesn't recognize ethernet cable

rbstennett at windstream.net rbstennett at windstream.net
Sat Oct 4 07:19:07 PDT 2008

I have an unusual problem, running a G4 cube (450mhz, 440mb, OSX 10.3.9). This machine has never given me any problems, until last week. Starting about a week ago, the machine suddenly tells me that the ethernet cable is unplugged. Changing out the cable does not help. Carefully observing the machine's behavior, it looks like the computer is recgonizing the ethernet connection briefly during powerup, but losing it before the powerup cycle is completed. The logs do not show anything unusual or different.

I'm clueless about this one and would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Barry Stennett