[G4] Perplexed need help

Robert C. Buitron rcbuitron at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 4 10:20:22 PDT 2008

Thank you Eric and Bruce for responding. Since you both think the
underlying problem might be the power supply, I will search for a
reliable replacement.

Would it be smarter to move all those internal HDs to external, each
with their own external power cord?

I did press the button on the motherboard the first time this happened,
but it only worked if I had the original Seagate 80GB HD startup disk
connected to the motherboard. When I reconnected the SATA Hitachi 80GB
startup disk I got nothing, that is I heard the HDs spinning (since I
have 4 internal) but the monitor was blank (black). Removing the SATA
startup disk, reconnecting the original startup disk, and pressing the
button seemed to solve the problem.

Rob