[G4] video card question

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:00:38 PDT 2008

I can't answer most of your questions, but AGP provides a much faster
connection between the video card and the rest of the computer than
does PCI.

I think you can get a PC-compatible Radeon 9200 (or 9800) much cheaper
and flash it to work with your G4, but I don't know the details, and
you may not be comfortable with flashing the firmware.  I would also
think there are Quartz-Extreme-compatible nVidia cards, but I don't
know.

--
Rich