[G4] How to get actual kernel panic data?

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Thu Apr 9 14:30:37 PDT 2009

Man, that's a rotten thing to have start up. Did the shop you took it
to try different RAM? Certainly it's either there or on the board
some place, considering it happens from a different drive with a
different system installation. One other thought is some failure in
the cooling? I could imagine a kernel panic coming up if something
overheats. Maybe a thorogh cleaning with canned air would do the trick.

As for kernel panic data, the lead I've found is at http://www.index-
site.com/kernelpanic.html
"I would also look at the Panic.log file with the Console program on
your machine to see what may have caused the kernel panic if you get
one. "

Eric W.