[G4] Best utility software.

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 17:46:14 PDT 2009

Rob,

I assume you're running OS X. As far as viruses go, I don't run antivirus
software on any of my Macs. There are no known OS X viruses in the wild,
so there's really no need unless you're worried about passing on viruses
embedded in documents that you're sending on to Windows users. In that case,
take a look at ClamXAV:

http://www.clamxav.com/

Most Mac users would recommend not letting any Norton/Symantec antivirus
software anywhere near your machine! They're likely to make your system
a lot *more* unstable.

Do turn on the built-in firewall. It's in your Sharing or Security System
Preferences, depending on your version of OS X.

Eric